Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Square 2

I'm not starting completely back at Square 1 because I have not ballooned (I don't think) and have been eating fairly well (but not fantastic) this past month. So I'd consider myself at Square 2, though I'd like to be back at Square 5.

Like I said, I haven't gone completely overboard. I've had some good weekends filled with Zaxby's and Mexican food, but kept myself fairly roped in during the week. Next time when I go crazy on calories and fat, it will just be one meal instead of the whole weekend. I will miss my poptarts in the morning and little Ben & Jerry's cups of ice cream at lunch, but it's for the greater good, and I think I've found some alternates that will be much better and still taste fabulous.

SCHOOLWORK
I've taken my second written exam (still haven't heard back from that professor) and am currently working on what should be my final revision of my paper. It's going somewhat slow, but I'm trying to tweak it just right so I won't have to do any more revisions (not sure if that's going to fly or not, but I'm trying!). After this paper I'll do an oral exam and will be finished for graduation at the end of July! Can't believe I'm finally this close!

FOOD
So yeah, I binged a little this weekend by going to a Pub Crawl in Raleigh with some family and friends as well as over-indulging in everything else delicious to eat that weekend. It was so worth it, and what better way to kick off a diet?

One BIG help with the food choices and recipes is hungrygirl.com. A friend of mine recommended it last week and I've been glued to the site ever since. My only problem is that all the desserts that look so good require pumpkin, and the 3 local grocery stores I've gone to have not had any. I know there was a shortage, but SOMEbody has to have some SOMEwhere. My next stop is walmart and after that, I just don't know. We'll see, though!

Breakfasts for the most part are going to be smoothies from my knock-off Bullet blender. A little light protein milk (low fat), with half a container of fat-free yogurt, strawberries, bananas, and a little milk/orange juice and I'm set to go! One priority I want to have this time on the strict diet is taking my vitamins. I'm horrible about forgetting to and the Bullet doesn't dice it up very well. I'm looking for a mortar and pestle to grind the pills up with and then put in the shake. THAT would be nice.

Lunches are sandwich, light pringles (only 14 of them), a few pieces of orange, and some pudding with a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to pop for a snack later. Then tonight for dinner I'm trying Hungry Girl's recipe for chicken cordon bleu. Looks really good and only has 3 ingredients! Slap some frozen veggis on the side and that sucker is balanced and good to go! YUM!

I'm also eyeballing Hungry Girl's recipe for some fudge, but once again, the pumpkin shortage is KILLING me!

My friend Rachel has started Weight Watchers online and they are having a pretty good deal on things right now. I'm really considering it and, depending on my budget, may sign up before the end of next week. It's a great idea and she's already lost 8 pounds in just the last 4 weeks! So awesome.


EXERCISE
I need, Need, NEED to get my butt to the gym in the morning. I really like the input y'all had about that earlier. I'm just having a really hard time waking up early during the week. Not sure what the hang-up is, but I'm trying to work through it. In the meantime, I have some workout videos I can do in the afternoons when I get home from work that I may try for now.

TAKING THE STAIRS - I need to remind myself of it. But I've decided to start taking the stairs at work from now on. Every little bit helps!

Can't wait to catch back up and get back on track.

Get back with y'all next week!

5 comments:

  1. Stairs are an excellent little extra help. Have I told you about the Yoplait Delights? Yogurt parfaits - fabulous! try them. Also, how is your apartment complex for walking/running? Andrew and I have been walking 2-3 miles 5 times a week and I'm at least losing lbs. The inches aren't budging, but hopefully that will come with more sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ideas for dessert: Smart One ice cream cups (chocolate chip cookie dough is my fav) and Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (they come in packs of 6 with vanilla & chocolate)...make you feel like you're cheating when you're not!

    Almost every day for lunch I eat a Weight Watcher microwave meal (Smart One), and for snacks between lunch & dinner, I eat Dry Roasted Walnuts (supposed to give you brain power), Fiber One Bars (heard about that incident), Light & Fit Yogurt, or Zone Nutrition Bars (dark chocolate is my fav).

    Also, have you tried Soy Milk (SILK) yet?? I was buying Light, but I have switched to Organic. Was thinking you could use that in your shakes or I use it in my Kashi cereal.

    AND finally, if you don't like working out in the morning, try packing work out clothes to take w/u in the morning, then go straight to the gym after work! That way, you have no choice! ;) But then again you have Abby who you probably have to let out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your background. :) that's so many shades of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's me Feliz from the C.C. I like the site and love your honesty :)

    ReplyDelete