Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lindsay's Not Losing Weight This Week - Don't read this for inspiration

So I've been trying really hard to get my paper done. I really wanted to have it finished by the end of this weekend. Obviously, it didn't happen. It really got the point where I wanted to quit and be done with it. Thankfully, I walked away for a while, thought about what a loser I would feel like if I quit after getting this far, and decided to stick with it. Haven't been able to look at my paper since though. Every time this week I've come close to getting some work on it done, I get a huge mental/emotional block that makes me cuss it and hate it and meltdown as opposed to actually working on it. Very convenient (UGH!). Now, armed with chocolate and whole milk, I'm going to tackle it.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with losing weight. You got that?! NOTHING! And you know what. If I balloon into a whale in the next few weeks to get this done. I can fix that! I'll even make a deal. If I finish this degree (alive) by the end of this summer (deadline for everything is July 16), I will work out at least every other day from the point of when I'm finished with my work through Christmas. I know others who went through this crap in order to get their degrees know and understand what I'm going through have done the same thing. Basically, I'm not going to give a CRAP about my personal well-being (excluding hygiene, that will be well taken care of) in order to care more and complete the degree.

Another promise. I won't attempt to get another degree until I've reached my goal weight. However, I will say that I may reach my goal weight within the next year. FEAR NOT for it will be a good 20 years AT LEAST before I try this crap again.

I will say that the meals I eat are fairly healthy. I have not been eating out a lot at all and everything for lunch and breakfast is low fat and with plenty of nutrients and low calories. Dinner is a little bit of stretch, but not much. What I'm really about to go completely overboard on is snacks. So I guess that's not too awful bad considering the first time I really started going overboard with all of this, a year ago, I spent a good chunk of time in tons of drive thru's between Atlanta and Carrollton.

In summation:
This is my fat time. Doesn't make it ok for you, but you know your stress limits, not me. I may be a beached whale on my family vacation, but at least those people have to love me anyways. And at least it will be a VACATION. I've forgotten what that's even like. And if my work is finished by then, I'll be working out every other day while I'm there anyways.

For those who were able to diet and exercise during their final, hellacious push through graduate work: I hate and respect you.

I'll get back on and let y'all know the new starting point in several weeks when this is all over. Or I might write before then once I get a better attitude about all of this.

This isn't the end, just the beginning of a new jumping off point!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I hear ya. I can't imagine the stress you're under right now. Know this: not everyone gets a bachelor's, and many fewer get a master's. There's a reason. You have what it takes to handle this, just take it one hour at a time. I still have days that I think God must think a little too highly of me - giving me twins. But He must actually know that I can do it. I just have to convince myself sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Lindz...I wish you would have called me; sounds like you need a good friend! I'm always here for you! Putting your diet/exercise on hold for a Master's is DEFINATELY ALLOWED! It's your life and this degree is going to do wonders for you! Even though sometimes I forget I even have one! ;) YOU CAN DO IT! And eat what you WANT! You only LIVE once!!! :p

    ReplyDelete